Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:53:46 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Podcasting--explained a bit...

Oh man, I'm so slapping my head! I used to make mobiles out of those things. Then it was using them for targets, then finally just tossing them. Good lord, the fella with a room ful of junk mail dating from the 1990's is sitting on a gold heap. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 4:28 PM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Podcasting--explained a bit... > Sorry,don't have a clue.But I had an idea they were collectible.I was on another board > recently,when the subject of AOL discs came up,and I ran an eBay search,on them,and came up with a > 1998 "Special NFL Edition"AOL floppy disc,that was up over ninety bucks. WTF? > Roger Kulp > On Aug 25, 2006, at 12:13 PM, Tom Fine wrote: > >> Roger, any insights as to WHY this would be bid up like this? What >> myth could possibly be associated with this digi-compressed format vs. >> the CD or the original LP? What's next, $100 mass-duped cassettes? > > > > --------------------------------- > Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.