Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:16:10 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Podcasting--explained a bit...

Steven, I wonder if there is a idfference between and archivist and a record collector? You definitely seem to be the latter. I wonder if someone can get a grant to come and actually archive and digitize your collection?!? A true archivist does not want to "modernize" the sound of your 78s - merely to preserve and protect them, and make them available to more people I truly hope that your collection will outlive us both but how likely is it that they will end up in landfill after we go? Perhaps you are the perfect person to recieve the several older Macs I am pondering what to do with as they take up space in my storage that I pay for monthly... Maybe we could take up a collection to pay for shipping them up there so you can play to your heart's content with preserving and spreading your collection!?! Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio 415-883-2689 On Aug 23, 2006, at 7:20 PM, steven c wrote: > 3) Finally, keep in mind that I have been listening to 78's since they > were actually state-of-the-art records...and particularly since about > 1973, which was well before the invention of either digital > applications > to modernize the sound of 78's and such...as well as digital sound