Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:38:40 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Robert Hodge <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Thin tape decay
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Thanks Lou! Your logic makes sense. This was the first time I've encountered 180 minute cassettes and never used 120's personally. Bob Robert Hodge, Senior Engineer Belfer Audio Archive Syracuse University 222 Waverly Ave . Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010 315-443- 7971 FAX-315-443-4866 >>> [log in to unmask] 8/2/2006 11:57 AM >>> I used to use a umber of 180 cassettes to record 3 hour long radio programs - they always returned level at about -15 to -20 from normal record level - they just don't have enough particles to give full level. Unless you have used them and know from experience, the low level is not the recordist's fault, but the extra thin tape and coating... <L> Lou Judson * Intuitive Audio 415-883-2689 On Aug 2, 2006, at 7:52 AM, Robert Hodge wrote: > The audio levels on the 180's wasn't what I'd expected- low overall . > But that may have been attributable to the recordist or machine used.