Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:52:35 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Matthew Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: George Gaskin recording sought
Comments: To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Yes, that's the one. Thanks for looking! Matthew Barton MBRS The Library of Congress 101 Independence Ave., SE Washington, DC 20540-4610 202-707-5508 email: [log in to unmask] >>> [log in to unmask] 8/16/2006 9:48:08 AM >>> I found a listing in Lorenz for Wreck of the Maine by Gaskin - Columbia cylinder 4154. Is this perhaps the item you are looking for? I wish I could say that we have it here, but we don't. Sue Susan T Stinson, Curator Belfer Audio Laboratory and Archive Syracuse University Library 222 Waverly Avenue Syracuse, NY 13244-2010 315-443-3477 / fax 443-4866 >>> [log in to unmask] 8/15/2006 8:24 PM >>> I'm looking for a copy (mp3 is fine) of George Gaskin's rendition of "Remember the Maine" from 1898. It does not seem to be online anywhere, or on any compilation that I have found. Of course, it may not have survived, but I thought I'd put it to the list before I gave up.