Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:23:27 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: 5" discs more hearty than some think

At 10:29 AM 8/1/2006, Rod Stephens wrote: >I've had a series of about 200 CDs that I manufactured and stored in >my garage for about two years. The temperature gets to be over 100 >degrees in the summer in there. I just pulled them out and did spot >checks on every five or ten of them in sequence (old radio >shows). They all tested and played beautifully. Just a bit of >personal experience. > Hi, Rod, Could you please share with us the type of disc that you used for this? I have had CDs in my car in both hot Southern California and now hot/humid AND cold Greater Toronto area. I made a set of about 120 and I have only seen a few failures. Those were in the non phthalocyanin dye discs. All of the MAM-A discs have survived nicely since 2001. Cheers, Richard Richard L. Hess email: [log in to unmask] Aurora, Ontario, Canada (905) 713 6733 1-877-TAPE-FIX Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm Quality tape transfers -- even from hard-to-play tapes.