Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 4 Aug 2006 18:07:35 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Edward Falk <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Beginner's question RE: digital recordings
Comments: cc: [log in to unmask]

David Lewiston wrote: > Edward > > Computer noise bleedthrough is only a problem with cheaper cards aimed > at undemanding users, rather than audio professionals. Cards from > companies like RME, Lynx, and Marian are exceptionally well-shielded and > do not suffer from this problem. It's my impression (not personal > experience, you understand) that the M Audio Audiophile is decently > shielded. Oooh, that's good to know. A friend of mine built a portable 6-channel recording device based on the M-Audio Delta 66 and I was very impressed with it, but thought the external breakout box was a real hassle. I've always wanted to build my own, and you've gotten me one step closer. (Although I always thought a USB or Firewire external box would be sufficient to convert an ordinary laptop into a portable recording sytem.) -ed