Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:58:29 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Digitizing multitrack sources

Hello, Jeff, I make two simultaneous 2-channel, or 4 simultaneous single-channel WAV files and put them in the same folder with names similar except for the "01" to "04" at the end. The choice between 2- and mono WAV files depends on the program material. If I have front/rear pairs or board/hall pairs, I do stereo files. If I have true 4-channel material, I do mono files. Cheers, Richard At 11:41 AM 4/12/2005, you wrote: >I'm working on a preservation project that contains a small number >of 4 channel tapes. I'd like to hear others ideas for handling this >material. > >Multichannel .wav files would seem to be the obvious answer but I >haven't seen much discussion of them or commercial software supporting >the format. Richard L. Hess email: [log in to unmask] Vignettes Media web: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/ Aurora, Ontario, Canada (905) 713 6733 1-877-TAPE-FIX