Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:45:49 EDT
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Cary Ginell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Disaster for two museum collections in LA
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

In a message dated 4/20/2005 8:33:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes: This article was linked from the AMIA LIST and I thought some of you who aren't members of that list would be interested. It requires free registration, I believe. I think DWP whose transformer caused the problem should pay, but that's just me. http://www.latimes.com/news/yahoo/la-me-hollywood19apr19,1,1883474.story?coll= la-newsaol-headlines It also may be a case of over-reaction on the part of cleanup people, but who am I to say that? Sadly, Richard Another aspect to this is that the Pacific Pioneer Broadcasters collection has already been earmarked to be transferred to the Thousand Oaks Public Library's American Radio Archives collection, which already houses the collections of Rudy Vallee, Norman Corwin, Frank Breseee, Fletcher Markle, 8,000 scripts from the CBS-KNX archive of live radio drama and much more. The transfer of the materials in the PPB collection requires a 13,000 square foot building to be constructed and red tape/funding is holding it up. Cary Ginell (who lives 3 miles from the T.O. Library) Origin Jazz Library www.originjazz.com