Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:06:02 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         andy kolovos <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      while we're at it...pens
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Folks, While we're on the topic of pens, I've got a question that perhaps someone might be able to answer. I recently bought a few Kaiser "CD[R]pen" Pens from my dear friends at Gaylord Bros. I assumed the CD-R designation meant they were waterbased, but upon opening one I noted a slight solvent smell. Looking them over there is no statement at all that they are "CD Safe" or "waterbased", just that they are "Good For" CD and that they are "Permanent". It seems these are just the same old Kaiser film marking pens that have been rebranded as CD-R pens. Anybody know what the deal is? The merit of these guys over all the other "CD Safe" pens I've come across is that the point is actually fine enough to faciliate easy writing upon the disc hub, which vexed my ham-fisted self greatly when using my old TDK-branded "CD Safe" pen. I note the slovent smell is slight, not like say a Sharpie or anything. If anyone has any insight please pass it along. Thanks, andy -- ********************************* Andy Kolovos Archivist/Folklorist Vermont Folklife Center P.O. Box 442 Middlebury, VT 05753 (802) 388-4964 akolovos @ vermontfolklifecenter.org http://www.vermontfolklifecenter.org