Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008)Back to main EAD pageJoin or leave EADReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 5 Aug 2008 23:06:11 -0400
Sender:       Encoded Archival Description List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         MicheleR <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: AW: AW: Virtual Machine, revisited (Saxon users)
Comments: To: Encoded Archival Description List <[log in to unmask]>

So it's creating the parker.fo file but (a) not in the location you expect it and (b) it won't overwrite if there's one already there. As far as (a) goes, that does sound like a path problem. c:\temp is the default for many programs when no path is specified. Is there anywhere in the batch file(s) that you can specify the path for the output file parker.fo ? If so, try specifying the full path as C:\pubclass\documents\parker.fo. If not, you might try adding C:\pubclass\documents to your PATH environmental variable and see what that does. As far as (b) goes, if that's always been the way you've had to do it, then that sounds like business as usual and not an error. Alas, I don't have any ideas about the UTF-8 error though... Michele -----Original Message----- From: Susan Hamburger <snip> Once I moved the parker.fo from C:\temp and ran Saxon (jvm) again, the parker.fo popped up on my screen in NoteTabPro--but still saved in the C:\temp space rather than pubclass\documents--(I'd forgotten that you have to delete the old FO document before trying to create a new one) but I still get the above error message about the UTF-8. </snip>