- The Library of Congress Online
- For PERIODICALS: Holdings information showing
issues received is being added (loose issues
since 7/99, bound items since 10/03). At first, this included only active
titles, those being currently received. Therefore, if you retrieve a record with no holdings information, it is likely
the Library has only older bound volumes in the Jefferson or Adams building. Holdings 1999-2004 are less accurate. Holdings from 2005- are more accurate.
- For NEWSPAPERS: Microfilm holdings are systematically available for DC, Massachusetts, NY & Pennsylvania
(A-Harrisburg) only. However, since approximately May 2006, microfilm holdings are being added for microfilm received, both US and foreign. Master negative holdings are also included, if available. Almost all bound volume holdings have been added.
- The old Binding
List (1990-1998, Onsite
Access Only). This list of bound periodicals was kept
before the latest online catalog was installed. Gives call
and building location.
- Databases & E-Resources available:
(Onsite Access Only)
- Fulltext journals & newspapers.
- Google, searches the World
- iResearch Reporter (formerly Sloth-reader)
customized Google searches (newspapers, shopping, jobs, etc.)
- LARS is a system the Library of Congress started using to
bind periodicals in
1994. It is the most accurate list of what has been
in the Newspaper and Current Periodical Reading Room to search
it for you.