Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002)Back to main AFCBOARD pageJoin or leave AFCBOARDReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:40:20 -0500
Sender:       AFC Board of Trustees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Sonya E. Medina" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Dates for AFC Board Meetings
Comments: To: AFC Board of Trustees <[log in to unmask]>

Peggy - Thank you for the notice. I have marked my calendar -- hopefully nothing will come up so I can make both meetings. I will keep you posted as my schedule is constantly changing. Also, please continue to send information to my home address: Sonya E. Medina 401 Holland Lane Apt. 121 Alexandria, VA 22314 We are still having some trouble with the mail system over here. Thank you so much! See you soon! SEM (Embedded image moved Peggy Bulger <[log in to unmask]> to file: 03/13/2002 08:32:40 AM pic31608.pcx) Please respond to AFC Board of Trustees <[log in to unmask]> Record Type: Record To: [log in to unmask] cc: Subject: Dates for AFC Board Meetings Dear Board: As we knew, there were NO weekends where everyone could make a board meeting, but we have now polled you all and we have the best dates for our spring and fall meetings. If you are one of the few who indicated that you could not make it on these dates, we apologize, and we hope that perhaps given the lead time, you might be able to rearrange your busy schedule, if possible. I appreciate all of the cooperation to get these dates set and we are looking forward to two very busy and productive meetings. The Spring meeting will be June 27-28 in Washington, DC. Thursday will consist of a day-long strategic planning retreat at the Wallace house, where we will bring our strategic plan forward into the FY 2005 year. Friday morning will be our formal meeting at the LC, with the afternoon free for you to visit and enjoy the Smithsonian Folklife Festival on the mall. I will work with Richard to see if we can participate in any special functioins that might coincide with the meeting. The fall meeting will be September 26-27 in Omaha, Nebraska. Our host, Chuck Trimble, has been already lining up activities and events of folkloric interest for us. In addition, the VHP will be prominently featured at this meeting, as we will be in the home district of Sen. Chuck Hagel, one of the bill's sponsors. Please mark your calendars and thanks again for getting back to us with your availability. Peggy Peggy A. Bulger, Director American Folklife Center Library of Congress 101 Independence Ave, SE Washington, DC 20540-4610 (202) 707-1745 FAX (202) 707-2076 [log in to unmask] http://lcweb.loc.gov/folklife/

pic31608.pcx [application/octet-stream]