Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003)Back to main AFCBOARD pageJoin or leave AFCBOARDReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:44:33 -0500
Sender:       AFC Board of Trustees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Kojo Nnamdi <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Baltimore Sun article
Comments: To: AFC Board of Trustees <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Peggy, I saw several of the articles today. Congratulations! Glad to be a member of the Board. Kojo. Peggy Bulger <[log in to unmask]> To: [log in to unmask] Sent by: AFC cc: Board of Trustees Subject: Re: Baltimore Sun article <[log in to unmask] > 01/28/2003 01:25 PM Please respond to AFC Board of Trustees As long as you don't have tapes or photos, mail to the LOC, the mail is coming faster now. peggy Peggy A. Bulger, Director American Folklife Center Library of Congress 101 Independence Ave, SE Washington, DC 20450 (202) 707-1745 (202) 707-2076 FAX [log in to unmask] http://www.loc.gov/folklife >>> William Kinney <[log in to unmask]> 01/28/03 12:42PM >>> Thanks for a good meeting and for these articles. Is it all right now to mail our reimbursement requests to AFC or to your home address? Thanks,. Bill ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peggy Bulger" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 10:06 AM Subject: Re: Baltimore Sun article > Dennis, We missed you, but I am so pleased that your budget is not in > crisis . . . . this is a rough year for many states and cultural > programs are definitely in jeopardy. We'll see you at the NEXT > meeting, May 21 & 22. > > Peggy > > Peggy A. Bulger, Director > American Folklife Center > Library of Congress > 101 Independence Ave, SE > Washington, DC 20450 > (202) 707-1745 > (202) 707-2076 FAX > [log in to unmask] > http://www.loc.gov/folklife > > >>> [log in to unmask] 01/27/03 04:49PM >>> > Peggy - the article was in the Sioux Falls, SD paper today too - front > page! > I'm so sorry I had to cancel my trip to the board meeting last week > and > sorry that I could not participate. As you know my Appropriations > Hearing > for the SD Arts Council was scheduled at the same time at the > Legislature - > I am pleased to report in this day of reduced State budgets, the SD > Arts > Council is recommended for status quo funding from our new Governor. > My > commitment to folk arts remains strong and our program is doing well > in > South Dakota. Dennis > > Dennis Holub, Director > Office of Arts/SD Arts Council > 800 Governors Dr > Pierre, SD 57501 > 605-773-3131 > 1-800-423-6665 (in state) > email: [log in to unmask] > web: http://sdarts.org > > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Peggy Bulger [mailto:[log in to unmask]] > Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 12:49 PM > To: [log in to unmask] > Subject: Fwd: Baltimore Sun article > > > Greetings American Folklife Center Board! > > I want to thank you all for your time and hard work on behalf of the > AFC, > we had a terrific meeting last week (despite the evacuation!) and I am > so > pleased with our governance work with Shalom. In case you haven't seen > it, > we are in the New York Times and several other major newspapers today > for > both the Recorded Sound Preservation Registry and Save Our Sounds. > Attached > you will find the link to the Baltimore Sun article (just one of many > articles from the AP service to come out). > > Also, we have a new online video featuring Ann Hoog explaining and > presenting our Pearl Harbor collection that has just gone up online. > Go to > this site to view and hear it . . . . > http://www.loc.gov/rr/program/journey/ > > Thanks so much again for your work, and those who were not able to be > with > us, we look forward to seeing you on May 21-22 for our next meeting. > > Best wishes to all, > > Peggy > > Peggy A. Bulger, Director > American Folklife Center > Library of Congress > 101 Independence Ave, SE > Washington, DC 20450 > (202) 707-1745 > (202) 707-2076 FAX > [log in to unmask] > http://www.loc.gov/folklife >