Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002)Back to main ZNG pageJoin or leave ZNGReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:46:40 +0100
Sender:       "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Thomas Place <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: listserv srw/sru
Comments: To: Ray Denenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Comments: cc: "Z39.50 Next Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>

Thanks Ray for your quick response. The relation between Tilburg University and OCLC|Pica is as follows. In a European project called Decomate II, TU in co-operation with other Decomate partners has built a system for integrating multiple data sources (simultaneous searching, de-duplication, dynamic linking, etc.). Pica (now OCLC|Pica) acquired the commercial exploitation rights. The commercial name of the software is iPort. TU is responsible for the further development of iPort. One of the new developments will be support of SRW/SRU. Janifer and I work closely together on iPort. Thomas > From: Ray Denenberg [mailto:[log in to unmask]] > Sent: 16 January 2002 16:00 > > Thomas -- I'm very pleased to hear that you're planning to > implement srw/u. > > I've subscribed you to the list. > There is an archive at http://listserv.loc.gov/listarch/zng.html > (When you first try to access it, you need to supply a password, > and it should > let you register your own. Let me know if you have problems.) > > I've also listed you at: > http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/implementors.html > Please let me know if I've listed you correctly, and if there is > anything to add > (or change). > > I'm not clear though on your relationship to OCLC/PICA. > > --Ray >