Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004)Back to main ZNG pageJoin or leave ZNGReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:16:31 +0100
Sender:       "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Theo van Veen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Betr.: Re: Several things
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

With the link I gave you it is possible to place your stylesheets in root directory of your own machine. See under "change format". I gave the names "c:\srubrief.xsl" and "c:\srufull.xsl". I do not know why that only works in the root directory. Theo >>> [log in to unmask] 02/17 1:07 >>> The "access data sources across domains" does not solve my problem. I want to be a client with my own stylesheets held on my own machine. The purpose of the stylesheet parameter was to cause servers to return their XML with a stylesheet href that specified my local file. It turns out that browsers will not read a stylesheet off the local disk as a result of the href. I am not interested in solutions that force the user to give their stylesheets to a third party. Ralph -----Original Message----- From: Theo van Veen [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 5:38 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Several things In D-Lib magazine Bill Oldroyd and I published a paper on the use of SRU in the European Library. Ralph, did you enable the "access data sources across domains" ? I made a list of the currently known sru servers at: http://krait.kb.nl/coop/tel/portal_v1.1/portal.html?lang=en&start=srudbs.xml &style=searchpage.xsl . When a record is displayed you can select different stylesheets by "change format". In the future we anticpate users to put their own links to others stylesheets in. I also put Rob's stylesheet in there. Rob, do I have your permission? We did not yet finish a version that works for Mozilla, so it still works for IE only. Currently I'm in contact with a Russian programmer who is providing a SRU frontend to a metasearch engine. He defined a "metasearch operation" that will only return hitcounts plus resultsetids. From there it is possible to get the individual results. It will be available within a few days. Anyone interested? Theo