Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004)Back to main ZNG pageJoin or leave ZNGReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:47:49 +1100
Sender:       "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Alan Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: draft announcement
Comments: To: "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 07:05:18AM -0500, Ray Denenberg wrote: > What do the rest of you think? Should we wait? How long would it take to > finish this testing? By Tuesday? > > --Ray Just for information, I plan to have a SRU and SRW implementation, but (due to other time pressures) was waiting for the spec to settle down. But I am not likely to finish an implementation in a few days, so I will let you guys decide which way to go. A suggestion for consideration. Announce the release as a some sort of interop phase ("officially open for interop testing for a period of XXX days/weeks"). That way its released/stable, but people know it may change during testing. It may encourage other people to try and implement it too. Just a thought. Alan