Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003)Back to main ZNG pageJoin or leave ZNGReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:33:19 +0000
Sender:       "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Robert Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: base-url includes "?"
Comments: To: "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments: cc: [log in to unmask]

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, Eliot Christian wrote: > At 12:57 AM 12/20/2003 +0100, Theo van Veen wrote: > >Allthough it's a minor thing I would like the "?" being part of what we > >call the base-url. > >The reason for this is services can take (private) parameters as part of > >the base-url. > I agree very strongly with Theo's point. I think this is common > practice, used for example in OpenGIS Consortium services such How does this help? We already have private parameter functionality available in as interoperable fashion as possible. Private params at the front as well make no sense to me when you can put them anywhere in the URL with an x-param. Secondly, say that you have your private parameter, which happens to have the same name as a parameter we define for the next version. Then you need to remap your private parameter to something else. Rob (literally from an internet cafe on the banks of the Nile (or at least I can see it out the window ~50m away)) -- ,'/:. Dr Robert Sanderson ([log in to unmask]) ,'-/::::. http://www.o-r-g.org/~azaroth/ ,'--/::(@)::. Special Collections and Archives, extension 3142 ,'---/::::::::::. Nebmedes: http://nebmedes.o-r-g.org:8000/ ____/:::::::::::::. I L L U M I N A T I