Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003)Back to main ZNG pageJoin or leave ZNGReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:57:37 +0100
Sender:       "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Theo van Veen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: WSDL/Schemas for 1.1
Comments: To: "Matthew J. Dovey" <[log in to unmask]>,
          "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>

Allthough it's a minor thing I would like the "?" being part of what we call the base-url. The reason for this is services can take (private) parameters as part of the base-url. IMO the SRU URL should be base-url + request rather than base-url + ?request. It allows for example to use the database name as a parameter as part of the base-url. Anyway it gives more freedom to how the server is implemented and I don't think at interferes with other things. There was a discussion on this before but I think the way I propose it is more flexible than how it is specified in OpenURL. Theo On 19 Dec 2003 at 12:40, Matthew J. Dovey wrote: > Final quickies > > Any reason why we are using for SRU > > URL = baseurl + "?operation=" + op + paramters > > Rather than > > URL = baseurl + "/" + op + "?" + parameters > > E.g. > > http://myserver.com/mysruserver?operation=searchRetrieve&query=smith > > Than > > http://myserver.com/mysruserver/searchRetrieve?query=smith > > I've no particular hang up, apart from the latter is easier to code up > in the WSDL (which makes me suspect the latter is more common practice) > > Matthew