Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004)Back to main ZNG pageJoin or leave ZNGReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:33:20 -0400
Sender:       "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "LeVan,Ralph" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: resultSetId request
Comments: To: "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>

It is done in the CQL. query=cql.resultSetId=<whatever> is how you'd reference the result set in SRU. It would be nice is this was one of the examples on the CQL page (http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/cql/) The CQL context set page with a description of the use of resultSetId can be found at: http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/cql/context-sets/cql.html Hope this helps! Ralph > -----Original Message----- > From: Franz-Josef Herpers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] > Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 10:16 AM > To: [log in to unmask] > Subject: resultSetId request > > Hi , > > I'm new to SRW and have a question concerning the resultSetId. As far as > I understand the server (not the client) creates this Id and may return > it to the client in a response. The client may use this id to reference > the resultSet in a follow-up request. Ok, but nowhere in the schema I > can find a fitting element type to place this resultSetId in a request. > Or is this done via CQL only? > > Regards > Franz > > -- > Franz-Josef Herpers > > fjh consulting > Tel.: +49 30 2068 7154 > Mobil: +49 173 54 23 666 > Puschkinallee 9A > 12435 Berlin > > http://www.fjh-consulting.de