Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002)Back to main ZNG pageJoin or leave ZNGReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:42:37 -0400
Sender:       "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Ray Denenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: draft result set model
Comments: To: "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>

"LeVan,Ralph" wrote: > Drop the discussion in the second paragraph about the server choosing to > reexecute the query. It is transparent to the user and confusing. Say > flatly that the result set will not change during its life, but that the > documents that it points at might change. > > Omit the discussion on how multiple schemas might be supported. (Everything > after the first sentence in paragraph 3.) Done these two. > Did we agree that the unit for TTL's was minutes? I don't remember. > Whatever it is, say it explicitly, not simply referred to in the example. I don't think the model is the appropriate place to specify the unit. If we want to say it explicitly, we should say it in the service definition. --Ray