Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2002)Back to main ZNG pageJoin or leave ZNGReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:27:32 -0400
Sender:       "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "LeVan,Ralph" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: sort existing result set
Comments: To: "Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative" <[log in to unmask]>

If query and resultsetID are mutually exclusive and sort is specified as a separate parameter, then I have no problem with sort being specified on an existing result set. Ralph -----Original Message----- From: Ray Denenberg [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 4:49 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: sort existing result set I think we've agreed to include a sortKey parameter, but so far we've talked of sort only in the context of a query. We've also tentatively decided to include an explicit resultSetId in the request. Should the request be allowed to include a sortKey in this case? I.e. a request to sort an existing result set. Or should we dissalow this, on the basis of trying to cram too much functionality into a single service? --Ray