Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008)Back to main METS pageJoin or leave METSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:16:45 -0500
Sender:       Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard
From:         Melanie Wacker <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      E-Forum on Collecting Free Web Resources: Selection, Archiving,
              Metadata Access
Comments: To: Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

I'd like to invite you to participate in an ALCTS e-forum hosted by Columbia University Libraries Nov. 18-20 on Collecting Free Web Resources: Selection, Archiving, Metadata Access. We hope to learn from our colleagues about web archiving and explore e-forums as a way to focus on a topic of current interest. Our hope is that this will be like a good listserv or blog without the time commitment or off topic postings. You do not have to be an ALA/ALCTS member in order to "drop in" and listen or better still participate. You do not need any special equipment--participants type rather than talk. We would love to hear and learn from our colleagues from metadata communities other than the traditional cataloging community. Instructions may be found at the link below. http://www.ala.org/ala/newspresscenter/news/pressreleases2008/november2008/ALCTSeforum.cfm Regards, Melanie -- Melanie Wacker Metadata Coordinator Original Serial & Monograph Cataloging Butler Library Columbia University Libraries Tel.: 212-854-9676