Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008)Back to main METS pageJoin or leave METSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 7 Dec 2008 08:02:30 -0700
Sender:       Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard
From:         Rick Beaubien <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: area element for smLinkLocator
Comments: To: Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

I agree that the best way to move forward on adding xlink:extendedLink support to mets:structLink would be through a conference call of interested parties.  I'll get started on trying to set something up.

Regarding the "rejected replies" messages: not to worry.  The LC list server routinely, if inexplicably, responds to METS list postings with a "rejection" notice.  In general, it would seem, one can take this as a confirmation of acceptance and successful distribution.

Rick

Enders, Markus wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Hi Rick,

This location refinement might be useful even for the hierarchical relationship between <div> elements stored in a <structMap>.

As this information might be interesting, it must be stored somewhere else – e.g. in the smLinkLocator element as a location refinement.

Hope it became clearer what I meant.

However: Having a phone conference is a good idea. If we can find a time before Christmas, it would be great. Who will be able to set one up?

Ciao

markus

PS: Hope my other emails came through as well…. Received some “rejected replies”