Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003)Back to main METS pageJoin or leave METSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:06:51 -0800
Sender:       Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard
From:         Merrilee Proffitt <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: "RLG Focus" February  2003
Comments: To: Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

Roy, The Focus article was written for a general audience. After a soon-to-be-completed web makeover (which is really more like reconstructive than cosmetic surgery), we will have a METS area on our web site, where we can hang more detailed information on our METS-related activities, the viewer, etc. So... Watch this space. Merrilee Merrilee Proffitt RLG -- www.rlg.org 1200 Villa Street, Mountain View, CA 94041 USA voice: +1-650-691-2309 -- [log in to unmask] Roy Tennant <[log in to unmask]> Sent by: Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]> 02/13/2003 08:25 AM Please respond to Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard To: [log in to unmask] cc: Subject: Re: [METS] "RLG Focus" February 2003 Merrilee, Can we get more technical details than the article offers? Are you using XSLT to transform the METS record to HTML and Javascript, or is there something more going on -- the article makes it sound as if that is just one step, and that there is another piece of software -- the "viewer" -- involved. If so, what is it? Also, is your viewer capable of displaying an arbitrary METS object? I'd like to play with it, but apparently we don't subscribe to Cultural Materials. At least I was prompted for a password I don't have. Thank you for any details you can provide. Roy On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 12:39 PM, Merrilee Proffitt wrote: > All, > > The lead article in this issue is about the METS viewer, now available > in > RLG Cultural Materials. Enjoy. > > Merrilee > > > The latest issue of "RLG Focus", our bimonthly newsletter on > news and uses of RLG services, is now available at: > > http://www.rlg.org/r-focus/i60.html (anywhere in the world) > http://www.rlg.ac.uk/r-focus/i60.html (for JANET users in the UK) > > *** CONTENTS of "RLG Focus," issue 60, February 2003 *** > > "RLG Implements METS Viewer for Complex Digital Objects in RLG > Cultural Materials" > -- Bruce Washburn, RLG > > "RLG Services: 2002 in Review" > -- Karen Smith-Yoshimura, RLG > > "RLG Members Explore 'Sharing the Wealth' of Special Collections" > -- Anne Van Camp, RLG > > "Limit Now Offered on the Eureka® Advanced Search Screen" > > "Assisted Searching Enhanced in Hand Press Book Database " > -- Pamela Wilkes, RLG > > "RLG Implements MARC 21 Bibliographic Updates 2 and 3 " > -- Ed Glazier, RLG > > "RLG Helps Brigham Young University Track and Reduce Costs" > -- Carla Kupitz, Brigham Young University > ----------------------------------------------------------- > *** Please encourage your colleagues who have distributed > or received paper copies of this newsletter in the past > to join the rlg-focus list announcing new issues. > > All that's needed is to send the message -- > subscribe rlg-focus <first name, last name> > -- to [log in to unmask] > > *** Your suggestions for future articles are always welcome. > And you have a standing invitation to send in a brief > description of _your_ use of RLG services or of the records > _your_ institution contributes to an RLG database. To comment > or discuss an article to be contributed, e-mail to > [log in to unmask] > > --Karen Smith-Yoshimura for the "RLG Focus" Editorial Board > > > > --- > You are currently subscribed to rlg-focus as: > [log in to unmask] > To unsubscribe send a blank email to > [log in to unmask] >