Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002)Back to main METS pageJoin or leave METSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 9 Jul 2002 13:21:29 -0700
Sender:       Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard
From:         Howard Batchelor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Extensionn Schema Endorsements
Comments: To: Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

Morgan: Have you ever heard from the VRA community that they are developing a schema for VRA Core Categories? -----Original Message----- From: Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Morgan V. Cundiff Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 11:58 AM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: [METS] Extensionn Schema Endorsements I added a link to MARCXML from the METS webpage. When any METS endorsements become official we will make a clear distinction on the webpage between "endorsed schemas" and "others". Morgan Cundiff Library of Congress On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Foster Zhang wrote: > Based on METS webpage http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/, MODS is > listed as one of the METS extension schema, MARCXML has not been > listed there. Someone forgot to update the web page? Foster Zhang > =============================================== > Systems Department (650) 725-7924 > Green Library East, 2nd Fl.(650) 723-3038 (fax) > Stanford University [log in to unmask] > Stanford, CA 94305-6069 library.stanford.edu > > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard > [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Jerome McDonough > Sent: Tue, July 09, 2002 6:33 AM > To: [log in to unmask] > Subject: Re: [METS] Extensionn Schema Endorsements > > > At 07:50 AM 7/9/2002 -0400, you wrote: > > >With regard to a provisional endorsement of the MARCXML schema, is it > >possible that the editorial board will endorse MODS in addition to > >MARCXML? > > The board will probably be discussing this, but I suspect we'll put a > somewhat higher priority on endorsing extension schema in cases where > a variety of schema already exist for the same metadata set (as has > happened with DC and MARC) and we want to promote interoperability by > encouraging people to settle on a particular schema implementation. > > > Jerome McDonough > Digital Library Development Team Leader > Elmer Bobst Library, New York University > 70 Washington Square South, 8th Floor > New York, NY 10012 > [log in to unmask] > (212) 998-2425 >