Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004)Back to main EDUCAT pageJoin or leave EDUCATReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:47:08 -0700
Sender:       Discussion List for issues related to cataloging & metadata
              education & training <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Joseph Tennis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Call for participation: Technical Services Ed. SIG
Comments: To: Discussion List for issues related to cataloging & metadata
          education & training <[log in to unmask]>

The University of Washington requires all MLIS students to take an Organization of Information Resources course. We offer five "on the book" electives, and continuously rotating Special Topics Courses in information organization. In our Masters of Information Management we require a Metadata, Classification, and Taxonomy course. There are also electives in information organization in that program as well. Likewise, our neighbor to the north, the University of British Columbia, requires a Foundations of Bibliographic Control and offers four elective courses in information organization. Joe Tennis University of Washington Information School On Sep 15, 2004, at 6:36 AM, Clare Beghtol wrote: > The Faculty of Information Studies, University of Toronto, has a > required cataloguing course called Introduction to Bibliographic > Control. > > > -- > Clare Beghtol > Faculty of Information Studies > University of Toronto > (416) 978-8852 (voice) > (416) 971-1399 (fax)