Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:26:43 -0800
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: MODS-FR
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>,

Yves, this is quite ambitious -- and I hope it does increase the awareness of MODS in the French-speaking community. It brought up a question for me: I can't find on the MODS site a link to the MARC-to-XML transformation that takes place prior to the use of MARC XML to MODS style sheet. (The link in the style sheet gets me a 404.) And the style sheet for UNIMARC to MODS refers to a text document that is a crosswalk, but I don't see where UNIMARC is converted to XML so that the style sheet can be applied. Am I missing something, or are there some bits that need to be filled in? If the answers are in the style sheets or schemas, it would probably be good to surface them to the actual page. I have this vague recollection of encountering a step-by-step description of moving from MARC21 to MODS (or maybe something else?) -- that would be helpful on the MODS page, and the same for UNIMARC on Yves' page. kc At 09:11 PM 12/10/2002 +0100, Yves Pratter wrote: >You could find at http://mods-fr.sourceforge.net the MODS UNofficial Web >Site in french. >It contain the UNIMARC2MODS stylesheet and french forum about MODS. >It could contain in the future more french translations of the MODS >documentations. > >I hope that a lot french speaking people and UNIMARC users will use MODS. > >This site contain an CVS tree. >So it could be the "open-source-like environment where everyone can >contribute "code" to the >structure" as Karen suggest. > >I didn't already made an announce to the french librarian/xml community. >Maybe you (Network Development and MARC Standards Office staff ?) could have >some comments about this initiative. > >Yves ************************* Karen Coyle [log in to unmask] http://www.kcoyle.net