Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 2 Feb 2004 00:10:36 -0500
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      date vs. dateIssued?
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>

Can I get a definitive explanation of the difference between "date" in the part element, and "dateIssued" in originInfo? I understand that if I have a monograph, I use the former. Where I get confused is with, well, parts. Is it fair to say that for all parts the date element would be used, but not dateIssued? Am trying to figure out how to format (and therefore also code) basic stuff like book chapters and newspaper and journal articles... Bruce