Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 5 May 2003 10:23:57 -0400
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Suzanne Pilsk <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Attribute in partNumber?
Comments: To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Comments: cc: Martin Kalfatovic <[log in to unmask]>

I am thinking of a way to add the "type" of number that is given in the partNumber/ partName of the title of a piece. What I am thinking is lets say I have a title that is : My Multivolume Book Volume 2 has the title Second Volume in Two Parts Part 1 of Volume 2 is title Part 1 of 2 volumes of My Multivolume Book I want to do the following for just the MODS record for that Part 1 of Volume 2 but feel it isn't quite kosher: <titleInfo> <title>My Mulitvolume Book</title> <partNumber type="volume"> 2</part number> <partName>Second volume in two parts</partName> <partNumber type="part">1</part number> <partName>Part 1 of 2 volumes of my multivolume book</partName> </titleInfo> This way if I have volumes that are actually Teils or Hefts or something, I could use that in the type value and have a style sheet of some sort be able to take that value and formulate some sort of citation. Is this something that would be feasible? Thanks, Suzanne Suzanne C. Pilsk Cataloging Services Smithsonian Institution Libraries PO Box 37012 Natural History Building, Room 30- MRC 0154 Washington, DC 20013-7012 [log in to unmask] 202-357-3161