Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:24:17 -0400
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: [METS] extension schemas
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>

On Jun 6, 2005, at 5:44 PM, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote: > I don't recall, but in any case the result was that both schemas ended > up with the w3 namespace, not so that the namespaces would be the same > for both schemas, but to comply with the standard.  (And now, MODS  > -- I can't speak for METS -- is wondering why we bother complying with > that standard......)  Well, the reason to comply with the standard is sort of self-evident: to comply with the standard. I'd say if you don't like the standard there's no reason why you can't invent your own linking attributes. I just don't think they should in any way reference (by standard prefix or namespace) xlink in that case. Bruce