Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:36:22 -0700
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Rick Beaubien <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: [METS] extension schemas
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>,

XMLSpy certainly has and has had its share of problems. And I'm not at all sure what the xsd spec says about this situation, if indeed it says anything at all. However, if METS and MODS are going to use xlink schemas that are identical to the point of declaring the same targetNamespace, wouldn't it still make sense just to make them one in physical fact? Rick Beaubien Quoting Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>: > On Jun 6, 2005, at 12:11 PM, Rick Beaubien wrote: > > > Rightly or wrongly, when the 2005 version of XMLSpy goes to validate > > METS documents with embedded MODS metadata, it objects to the fact > > that two different schemas with same target namespace are referenced. > > (I can see the logic to this, and believe that the objections are > > probably justified. I don't believe that pre-2005 versions of XMLSpy > > cared, however). > > If I had to guess based on previous conversations about XMLSpy, I'd say > this is a bug in their implementation. > > In any case, what does the XSD spec say, and how do other -- typically > more compliant -- processors like xerces handle this issue? > > BTW, has anyone taken a look at oXygen 6.0? An already nice editor > just got significantly better. > > Bruce > -- Rick Beaubien Software Engineer, Research & Development Library Systems Office University of California, Berkeley Contact information: 88 Herrada Rd Santa Fe, NM 87508 505-466-6630 ------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/