Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:58:47 -0000
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Hammond, Tony" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: PDF Metadata
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>,

Hi Bruce: > Tony, I see your name on the PRISM spec. Is there not > something you guys can do to address the name issue? PRISM > is 95% of the way towards being suitable for citation > processing. Why not make it 100%? I think I should clarify that we are not responsible for PRISM - that would be the PRISM WG of IDEAlliance, see http://prismstandard.org/ for the current PRISM spec 1.2. We just defined an RSS 1.0 module for the basic PRISM vocabulary. (OK, we did lobby for, and were granted a couple extra elements along the way - prism:endingPage and prism:eIssn.) For finer grained control of author names other vocabularies could be added to the RSS feed - e.g. FOAF, or maybe vCard - though neither of these seems to be quite the answer as they are both experimental and they still do not seem to have the required degree of granularity. I do not thopugh that the PRISM folks are interested in achieving that degree of markup. Cheers, Tony ******************************************************************************** DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or one of its agents. Please note that neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents accept any responsibility for viruses that may be contained in this e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or its agents by means of e-mail communication. Macmillan Publishers Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 785998 Registered Office Brunel Road, Houndmills, Basingstoke RG21 6XS ********************************************************************************