Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:24:51 -0700
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: New schema and citation changes
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

At 08:42 AM 7/22/2003 -0800, Bruce D'Arcus wrote: >True enough. I just think MODS ought not to enforce this sort of thing >for creation of new records. I remember there was a specific >recommendation for dealing with dates awhile back that might be good to >come back to, and also apply to names. Bruce, If some cataloging community wants to input their dates as "c. 1654" that should be ok. MODS is a structure for metadata, not an enforcer. I think you are confusing the structure with the cataloging rules. MODS should enable, but not prevent. IM not-so HO kc