Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:56:04 -0800
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: New schema and citation changes
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>

Followup observations/questions: 1) Can you take a closer look at the displayLabel attribute and see if it ought to be added to other elements? I was trying to represent a conference paper, and it's difficult because I am wanting to put "paper read at" as a displayLabel on some element (not sure if a conference goes as a title or a name, particularly when you consider they are often numbered (e.g. - "23rd Meeting of Whatever"). 2) Why is their a wrapper for titles (titleInfo) and not for names? 3) Why is their a role attribute for and a role element for names? 4) This is a little extreme, but I've run into it: Does MODS have all the facilities to deal with an unpublished letter, with an unknown author, with an only vaguely known ("cerca") date? I remember the issue of the last came up awhile back, but does it make sense to distinguish between "anonymous" authors and unknown authors, either in cataloguing or in MODS? Bruce -- http://www.fastmail.fm - A fast, anti-spam email service.