Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:36:35 -0400
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: location, location, location
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 05:44 PM, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote: > My suggestion is to add an attribute to <location> to indicate if it's > a > physical or electronic source (values 'physical' and 'electronic' or > please > suggest alternative values); in the latter case a URL would be assumed. Good idea! I note Ralph's question about why not explicitly code this as a URL, and don't have firm option, but am guessing it's a question of simplicity. What would be the implications of allowing URL? Are there other electronic locations that might be relevant? Bruce