Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 29 May 2007 18:39:26 -0700
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Erik Hetzner <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: "element mods not declared" errors from xmllint
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>

At Tue, 29 May 2007 18:19:39 -0700, Mark Jordan <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > Hi Erik, > > This doesn't work for me: > > markslaptop>xmllint --schema xml.xsd record.xml […] > http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-userguide-intro.html#xml_structures > says that '<mods: mods xmnls:mods="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3"> with > filename mods-3-2.xsd.' should work when using 'mods' as a prefix to > each element (as I am, since I will be inserting my MODS records in an > OAI static repository file). However, the space after '<mods:' in the > namespace declaration doesn't work either. I've tried including the > filename 'mods-3-2.xsd' (for a fully qualified URL) in the schema URL > as well with no luck. Hi Mark, Are you using <http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-3-2.xsd> as your schema file? I get: egh@gales:~$ xmllint --version xmllint: using libxml version 20627 compiled with: Threads Tree Output Push Reader Patterns Writer SAXv1 FTP HTTP DTDValid HTML Legacy C14N Catalog XPath XPointer XInclude Iconv ISO8859X Unicode Regexps Automata Expr Schemas Schematron Modules Debug Zlib egh@gales:~$ xmllint --schema mods-3-2.xsd test2.mods --noout test2.mods:17: element title: Schemas validity error : Element '{http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3}title', attribute 'type': The attribute 'type' is not allowed. test2.mods:37: element start: Schemas validity error : Element '{http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3}start': This element is not expected. test2.mods fails to validate which make sense (@type is not allowed in title elements, additionally, ‘issue’ is not a valid value for type; start needs to come before list in extent). After removing @type & swapping list & start: egh@gales:~$ xmllint --schema mods-3-2.xsd test2.mods —noout test2.mods validates best, Erik Hetzner ;; Erik Hetzner, California Digital Library ;; gnupg key id: 1024D/01DB07E3