Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:20:26 -0400
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: xlink
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>

On Apr 4, 2005, at 4:39 AM, Andrew E Switala wrote: > See the schema. The xlink:type attribute is there, but its value is > fixed (to "simple") and so doesn't need to be explicit in the instance > document. I didn't know this. But I'm afraid this another of those details I'm going to need to object to. Once again, it assumes a) that people will be using XML Schema to validate MODS, and b) that that schema will be present in whatever processing context. Neither of these assumptions are reasonable from my perspective. Soo ... a suggestion: require the attribute value until the spec itself is fixed. Bruce