Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:22:32 -0500
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Rebecca S. Guenther" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re:
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>

I don't think the <part> element can stand on its own without the title, which is a subelement under relatedItem. And relatedItem is already a global element. Rebecca On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Bruce D'Arcus wrote: > On Nov 6, 2003, at 12:30 PM, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote: > > > I do think it would be worthwhile to identify the elements that are > > appropriate for external reference, and making them global wouldn't be > > a big effort. > > One obvious subelement that could be useful to reference is the new > "part" element. Dublin Core, for example, already covers much (all?) > of the top-level elements in MODS, but it could be nice to bring in the > additional detail of the part element for a variety of records. And > such an element does not exist in any other schema that I am aware of > (well, except for the incomplete BibX DTD). > > Bruce >