Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:59:23 -0500
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Reusing MODS elements
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>

This is a little over my head, but with respect to schema languages and interoperability/reuse, to what degree does the XML Schema language itself influence this? I ask because I've noted that many high-profile XML projects (TEI, OpenOffice, and DocBook, most notably) are all moving to using Relax NG as their primary development language, and part of the stated reason for this is that RNG is well suited to interoperability and reuse. See for example, this post by Norm Walsh on cooperation between DocBook and TEI to allow mix-and-match elements in future RNG-based schemas: http://norman.walsh.name/2003/10/09/dei Bruce