Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:50:38 -0400
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Donald Mennerich <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: MODS transformation
Comments: To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Oh, I see, I was converting MODS3 with a MODS2 stylesheet. I swapped out the header info and made a few modifications and it transformed fine. Thanks, -Don EMAIL: [log in to unmask] "Nathan L Trail" <[log in to unmask]> 08/19/2004 12:37 PM To: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]> cc: Subject: Re: [MODS] MODS transformation Well, The problem is a mis-typing; it shouldn't refer to "marc:code", but "mods:code" instead. The larger issue is that we've got an unpublished upgrade to this stylesheet (it's actually still for MODS2 to MARC). I expect we'll post it soon; it solves this and a number of other issues, and makes it work for MODS3. Nate Trail Network Development & MARC Standards Office Library of Congress >>> [log in to unmask] 8/19/2004 10:30:55 AM >>> Hi, I have a quick question about transforming MODS documents into MARCXML. I have a database that has the ability to output MODS records for sound recordings entered in it. I was doing a quick experiment this morning to see if I could transform this information into the MARC21 format, using the stylesheets provided on the LoC site. Every time I run the transformation (in OxygenXML using Saxon), I get the following error E Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected. null E Namespace prefix marc has not been declared MODS2MARC21slim.xsl file:/C:/xml/mods/MODS2MARC21slim.xsl its pointing to line 249 of the MODS2MARC21slim.xsl stylesheet 248 <xsl:when test="mods:originInfo/mods:place/mods:code[@authority='marc']"> 249 <xsl:value-of select="mods:originInfo/mods:place/marc:code[@authority='marc']"/> 250 </xsl:when> Does anybody know what's going here, I tried deleting the entire <choose> (since I'm not using the originInfo tag yet, but I ended up with a document contianing only the initial xml declaration. Has anyone else had luck using this stylesheet? Thanks, -Don ____________________________ Donald Mennerich, Archivist Manuscripts & Archives Division New York Public Library EMAIL: [log in to unmask]

[text/html]