Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:29:43 -0400
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Karle-Zenith, Anne" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: introduction and question
Comments: To: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>

I am a new Metadata Librarian and also relatively new to the list. I was originally looking for a list of MODS projects but was told that it was not ready yet and I should join the list. I would also be interested to hear how people are using MODS. Anne Karle-Zenith Cataloging & Metadata Librarian Michigan State University 100 Library East Lansing, MI 48824-1048 517 432-6123 517 353 8969 (FAX) [log in to unmask] -----Original Message----- From: Bruce D'Arcus [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 1:15 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: [MODS] introduction and question On Jul 22, 2004, at 7:55 AM, Dan Pisarski wrote: > Please reply to me directly unless the list admins feel this > discussion would be good for the list, and thank you for your > responses. I don't know about other people, but I always am curious to see what people are using MODS for myself. I'm just a scholar trying to promote its use in the free software world to facilitate alternatives to commercial products like Endnote. One of the reasons for MODS -- beyond that it is much simpler than MARC, and that it now has good support for coding of parts like journal articles -- is that it is sponsored by the LoC, and so I hope to see MODS records increasingly available via web services and such in the future. Bruce