Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:43:55 -0400
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Rebecca S. Guenther" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Title
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

We would like some feedback on the following as we review what changes to make to MODS. In Title, we have two subelements: <nameOfPart> <numberOfPart> These correspond to 245 $p and $n. We currently allow a simple title or a title with these pieces in specific tags. Do people on this list think that these 2 subelements are important enough to be included? Is there really a need to separately tag these? Or could they just be included in title? Rebecca