Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005)Back to main MODS pageJoin or leave MODSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:24:41 -0500
Sender:       Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Andrew E Switala <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: merits of a type library
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

I *think* that <xsd:element form="unqualified" ...> in complex type definitions in the type library will match your RNG examples. I'll play around with that tonight. You're right that even one unneeded namespace is too many, but I was addressing your assertion of increased stylesheet complexity due to namespaces. Suppose MODS didn't use XLink, but declared its own "href" attribute. Would a transformation from MODS, assuming it handled href in the first place, be made any simpler by ditching the one namespace? Stylesheet complxity is a function of the number of elements and attributes, and of the number of modes, but I don't see where the number of namespaces enters into it. --Andy >>> [log in to unmask] 01/25/05 5:44 PM >>> Your second point isn't very convincing. *Any* unnecessary additional namespace it too many. As I said in the other message, we need to keep these questions separate. Bruce