Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999)Back to main MARC pageJoin or leave MARCReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:15:08 -0500
Sender:       USMARC <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Alice F. Permenter" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Coding of Leader /06 on holdings record
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

When cataloging remote electronic resources which are online bibliographic databases, how does one code the Leader /06 (Type of Record) on the MARC Holdings record? I have coded the BIBLIOGRAPHIC Leader /06 (Type of Record) as "a" for textual material and the 006/09 as "e" for bibliographic data. For the HOLDINGS record this would appear to leave me two choices for the Leader /06 (Type of Record) since I am assuming that the "y" (Serial item holdings) would not apply in this instance: v multipart item holdings x single-part item holdings Suggestions and guidance in this area will be greatly appreciated. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Alice F. Permenter Head, Cataloging Department Howard-Tilton Memorial Library Tulane University (504) 865-5692 (504) 865-6773 (fax) apermen@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu [log in to unmask]