Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002)Back to main MARC pageJoin or leave MARCReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 29 May 2002 13:44:21 +0200
Sender:       MARC <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Roucolle, Alain (ISSN)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Additional Proposal
Comments: To: MARC <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]

Dear all, Referring to the Proposal n° 2002-14/2: 008/20 (Serials) about the values used for the ISSN Center codes, we would wish to support the significance of the problem. We are writing to you in connection with this proposal because we are analyzing the possibility of the use of MARC21 to encode ISSN records. The use of one-character position for ISSN Center code cannot solve the registration of all ISSN Center codes, which are up to now of 73 different codes on two-characters position. Would you please take this problem into consideration and inform us on the possible solutions ? We thank you for your attention. Sincerely yours, Alain Roucolle [log in to unmask] Centre International de l'ISSN 20, rue Bachaumont 75002 PARIS France Fax 33 (1) 44 88 60 96

[text/html]