Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main SUBCOOR pageJoin or leave SUBCOORReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:55:42 -0400
Sender:       Subject Coordinates Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Colleen R. Cahill" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Question on form of coordinates
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

As a map cataloger, I primarily deal with coordinates in two forms: human-readable geographic coodinates (i.e. North 42 degrees, 15 minutes, 10 seconds) and machine-readable decimal degrees (i.e. N0421510). For the proposed subject coodinates, a machine-readable form of coordinates is needed and so I always think of decimal coordinates. This is form a standard used much? Are there any other (better or worse) ways used to present coordinates? Thank you! Colleen Colleen R. Cahill | [log in to unmask] Digital Production Coordinator | (202)707-8540 & Recommending Officer for | FAX (202)707-8531 Science Fiction & Fantasy | Library of Congress These opinions are mine, Mine, Mine! | Washington, DC 20540-4652