To submit an application electronically, please use the www.Grants.gov/Apply site. If you use Grants.gov, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it off-line, and then upload and submit the application via the Grants.gov site. Applications transmitted to ACF by fax will not be accepted regardless of date or time of submission and time of receipt.
Please note the following if you plan to submit your application electronically via Grants.gov:
1) Electronic submission is voluntary, but strongly encouraged.
2) When you enter the Grants.gov site, you will find information about submitting an application electronically through the site, as well as the hours of operation. We strongly recommend that you do not wait until the application deadline date to begin the application process through Grants.gov.
3) We recommend you visit Grants.gov at least 30 days prior to filing your application to fully understand the process and requirements. We encourage applicants who submit electronically to submit well before the closing date and time so that if difficulties are encountered an applicant can still send in a hard copy via overnight mail. If you encounter difficulties, please contact the Grants.gov Help Desk at 1-800-518-4276 to report the problem and obtain assistance with the system.
4) To use Grants.gov, you, as the applicant, must have a DUNS Number and register in the Central Contractor Registry (CCR). You should allow a minimum of five days to complete the CCR registration.
5) You will not receive additional point value because you submit a grant application in electronic format, nor will we penalize you if you submit an application in paper format.
6) You may submit all documents electronically, including all information typically included on the SF 424 and all necessary assurances and certifications.
7) Your application must comply with any page limitation requirements described in this program announcement.
8) After you electronically submit your application, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement from Grants.gov that contains a Grants.gov tracking number. The Administration for Children and Families will retrieve your application from Grants.gov.
9) We may request that you provide original signatures on forms at a later date.
10) You may access the electronic application for this program on www.Grants.gov.
11) You must search for the downloadable application package by the CFDA number (for ELOA, 93.577).