Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006)Back to main UNICODE-MARC pageJoin or leave UNICODE-MARCReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:55:40 -0700
Sender:       UNICODE-MARC Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Joan Aliprand <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Fwd: Internationalization & Unicode Conference, Nov 15-17,
              2006 in Washington, D.C.
Comments: To: UNICODE-MARC Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]

The message below from Mark Davis, Unicode President, gives details about the upcoming conference in Washington DC. Early-bird rates end soon! Apologies for double posting, but not everyone on one of the lists will be on the other. -- Joan Aliprand ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Mark Davis <[log in to unmask]> Date: Sep 27, 2006 11:00 AM Subject: Internationalization & Unicode Conference, Nov 15-17, 2006 in Washington, D.C. I'd like to make you all aware of the upcoming Internationalization & Unicode Conference (IUC 30), which will be the only one held in the US until the fourth quarter of 2007. The program offers excellent tutorials covering Unicode and internationalization in depth, and new, detailed presentations on adapting software to meet the requirements of different markets around the world. I'd urge anyone working with Unicode to attend. Building on the success of IUC 29, the program features case studies from Google, eBay and others covering concrete aspects of implementations, not just the theories involved. In one of my presentations, for example, I'll talk about many of the facets of dealing with very large scale use of Unicode here at Google, as well as some surprising and useful statistics about the use of Unicode on the web. It's also time to learn about the features of Unicode 5.0 -- see http://www.unicode.org/press/pr-5.0preorders.html for more information on this major new release. The conference offers strong coverage of internationalization issues with sessions in four tracks: Web Internationalization, Techniques/Case Studies, Applications, and Languages/Scripts. We've got a great keynote presentation by Nicolas Negroponte, chairman of One Laptop Per Child. We are also going to have an exclusive book signing of the all-new Unicode 5.0 book. As usual, people will have the great networking opportunities they've come to expect from this conference. We're excited about the program and know that attendees are going to get a lot of value out of their participation. If you have not yet taken a look, I'd encourage you to visit http://www.unicodeconference.org/conference-at-a-glance.htm. We are hoping for a strong turnout from the members of the Unicode Consortium and others connected with Unicode. To register for the conference, visit http://www.unicodeconference.org/registration.htm. Register before October 2, 2006 to receive the early-bird discount in addition to your Unicode membership discount. If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Kevin Loughry, [log in to unmask] or +1-781-444 0404. I look forward to seeing you at IUC 30. Regards, Mark Davis President and co-founder, Unicode Consortium