Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005)Back to main UNICODE-MARC pageJoin or leave UNICODE-MARCReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:56:37 -0600
Sender:       UNICODE-MARC Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Ed Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: MARC-8 to Unicode XML Mapping File
Comments: To: UNICODE-MARC Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

On 12/14/05, Reese, Terry <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > Unfortunately I doubt you could just remove them at this point. I have > occasionally run into MARC files from "toy" ILS systems that support either > just the G0 set for all character encodings or just the G1 set for all > encodings. I'll admit that its not often, but enough that I keep an archive > of sample files sent to me over the past two years for reference. Thanks for the info Terry. You are using the XML mapping file in MARCEdit right? Are you calculating the alternate G0 or G1 values yourself? Would you be willing to share these rogue records, they would be nice to have in the MARC::Charset test suite. //Ed