Back to: Health Information
Services and Hours
The NCCAM Clearinghouse...
- Responds to inquiries, in English or Spanish
- Distributes NCCAM publications and selected other Federal publications on CAM
- Retrieves information from Federal databases of peer-reviewed scientific and medical literature
- Makes referrals to other Federal resources as appropriate
- Is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET (except Federal holidays)
How To Contact the Clearinghouse
Toll-free in the U.S.: 1-888-644-6226
TTY (for deaf or hard-of-hearing callers): 1-866-464-3615
NCCAM Web site: nccam.nih.gov
Address: NCCAM Clearinghouse, P.O. Box 7923, Gaithersburg, MD 20898-7923
As one of its mandates from Congress, NCCAM is charged with "the dissemination of health information... with respect to identifying, investigating, and validating complementary and alternative treatment, diagnostic, and prevention modalities, disciplines, and systems." (Public Law 105-277) The NCCAM Clearinghouse serves this mission. It is the public's point of contact for scientifically based information on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and for information about NCCAM.
The NCCAM Clearinghouse does not provide medical advice or referrals to practitioners. Decisions about medical care and treatment should be made in consultation with a health care provider, based on the condition and needs of each person. NCCAM recommends discussing information on CAM with a health care provider before making any decisions about treatment or care.